Detroit instrumental, synth-heavy rock trio Voyag3r (Voyager 3) return with their 2nd full-length album, entitled “Are You Synthetic?”. The 13-track album will be released worldwide via Bellyache Records and Battle Chamber Music on April 8.
“Are You Synthetic?” is the follow-up to 2014’s “Doom Fortress” and once again features album art by Detroit-based artist and Acid Witch singer Slasher Dave.
Voyag3r bring their blend of Synth/Space/Progressive/Rock to new heights with this ambitious concept album, which covers remote corners of metaphysics, theoretical space destinations, humanity’s origins and destiny, and plenty of music fit for vengeful/horrific space battles.
Raise Your Shields can be streamed via SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/voyag3r/raise-your-shields/s-5jqVb
Available on 2xLP from Bellyache Records and CD/Cassette/Digital from Battle Chamber Music, the album was mastered for each specific format by Tony Hamera. “Are You Synthetic?” was recorded and mixed by Tony Hamera at the Tempermill Studios (Ferndale, MI) through a Custom Harrison 3232 console onto 2″ tape.
Pre-orders are now live!
Vinyl: 2xLP w/digital download
• Limited edition translucent blue vinyl with 3-D 12×12 art print and 3-D glasses. (Limited to 300 copies)
• Standard black vinyl
Order at http://bellyacherecords.com/store/records/
CD: Full color glossy card stock sleeve + 3.5″ x 2″ 4D lenticular print.
Cassette: Metallic gold cassette with full color j-card. (Limited to 100 copies)
Order in the Voyag3r Store
Digital: iTunes & Amazon MP3
2014’s Doom Fortress sold out of its 1st pressing within two months of release, and the limited edition vinyl sold out on pre-order. Both pressings were also picked up for US distribution by Light In The Attic Records as well as UK distribution by Deathwaltz Records.
Two tracks from Doom Fortress (One’s True Intentions and Il Guanto Nero) were featured in the short film “Portal To Hell”, starring the late, great Rowdy Roddy Piper. The band’s synthesist, Steve Greene, also composed an original score for the film. Portal to Hell picked up numerous awards at several notable film festivals including the Toronto After Dark Film Festival.
V3 also produced a video for the track “Il Guanto Nero”, which has been featured on Eli Roth’s Crypt TV as well as the band’s official YouTube channel.
Steve Greene – Synthesizers, piano
Greg Mastin – Acoustic and electronic drums
Aaron Greene – Guitars
• Voyag3r contributing a brand new song to the Lake Shore Records documentary film The Rise of the Synths companion album
• Are You Synthetic? was picked up for UK distribution by Transmission Records
• Are You Synthetic? was picked up for US distribution by Light On The Attic Records
• Voyag3r announced the release date of their 2nd full-length album, Are You Synthetic? for Friday, April 8, 2016
• Played the 3rd installment of Berserker Fest March 2016 (Played with Voivod)
• Released the single “Secret Of The Ice Mountain” to Bandcamp for FREE, through December 2014
• National and international positive reviews for Doom Fortress (http://www.reverbnation.com/voyag3r)
• Licensed two tracks to the short film Portal to Hell!, starring Roddy Piper from WWE and They Live fame.
• 1st pressing of Doom Fortress on vinyl sold out, 2nd pressing release date is December 9, 2014
• Released a video for “Il Guanto Nero” on November 21, 2014
• Doom Fortress was picked up for UK distribution by Death Waltz Records
• Doom Fortress was picked up for US distribution by Light On The Attic Records
• Doom Fortress received 4.5 out of 5 skulls in the 17th Annual Halloween Issue of Rue Morgue Magazine
• Played the 2014 Theatre Bizarre at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, MI
• Gold vinyl LP variant of Doom Fortress sold out on pre-order
• Voyag3r announced the release date of their debut album, Doom Fortress for Friday, August 26, 2014
• Played Metro Times Blowout 2014 (Headlined New Way Bar in Ferndale, MI)
• Played the 1st Berserker Fest February 2014 (Headlined Thursday night at the W.A.B.)
• Played the 1st Hamtrmack Fest March 2014 (as part of the Bellyache Records showcase)
• Sold Out Black Friday Night show at the New Way Bar (November 2013)
• Played in front of 1,000’s at Dally In The Dally 2013
• Sold Out 7″ release show at the New Way Bar (July 2013)
• Played Metro Times Blowout 2013
• National and international positive reviews for debut 7″ (http://www.reverbnation.com/voyag3r)
• Digital only single, Secret Of The Ice Mountain, released for FREE, through December, to the Voyag3r Bandcamp page as a thank you to fans and supporters for a great 2014.
• Debut full length LP, Doom Fortress release dates:
Digital = Tuesday, August 26, 2014 (iTunes, Amazon MP3, Bandcamp, Google Play and most other web music stores
Physical LP, CD and Cassette release = Saturday, September 6, 2014
• Doom Fortress was recorded at the Tempermill Studios (Ferndale, MI) in winter of 2014. Tony Hamera engineered, mixed and mastered Doom Fortress
• Victory In The Battle Chamber 7″ was releaed on June 6, 2013
• Victory In The Battle Chamber 7″ was recorded at The Tempermill Studios (Ferndale, MI) in late January 2013 with producer Tony Hamera